Clearly, I love to write. Journaling can do wonders for an addict. I cannot tell you how many notebooks I’ve filled, pens I have run out of ink, and truly, how much I’ve learned about myself with my writing. I used writing prompts daily in treatment and it honestly helped. You can read some of my personal pieces HERE. I have developed a list of twenty-five prompts that will help you stay sober! Use these 25 writing prompts to keep you sober, be honest with yourself, and remember that what you get out of it depends upon what you put into it.
25 Prompts for 25 Days
- What does forgiveness mean and look like in your life?
- How would others describe the sober version of you?
- What experience have you been unable to let go?
- Who in your life is an inspiration and why?
- What experience have you had that you are grateful for?
- Where do your see yourself (ideally) in five years?
- What does your Higher Power look like?
- Is there a character defect that you can accept today?
- What lies have your addiction told you?
- How can you use your sobriety/or recovery journey to help others?
- How can you over come your biggest insecurity?
- Are you avoiding anything in life? Why?
- What is your favorite hobby and why?
- Where would you like to travel and what would you like to do there?
- Are you holding on to any resentments? What are they?
- What do you like about yourself?
- How have you grown recently?
- Who do you aspire to be in the future?
- What does acceptance mean to you?
- How can you take better care of yourself?
- What do you need help with in your life?
- How can you feel successful? What needs done?
- How can you practice self-love?
- What areas of your life are you most content with?
- Write a letter to your future-self.
Get Honest With Yourself
The ‘why’ is a key element in these questions. Be open, specific, and elaborate! This is where you will have clarity on behaviors, actions, and your thought processes. You will see room for improvement in your life and you can use it as fuel for your recovery fire! I truly do hope these 25 writing prompts keep you sober. Happy writing! 😊
You can find 31 additional prompts HERE from myrealrecovery.com.